STERILE SERVICES CO
-Counts, weighs, or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records; examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify; completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Prepares materials for shipping by weighing, packaging, crating, and banding; prepares necessary shipping forms such as bills of lading.
- Provides on the job training to lower-level employees and resolves problems utilizing knowledge of shipping/receiving/stock operations.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Participates in counting and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items.
- Fills orders and issues materials and supplies per requests; documents transactions appropriately; prepares requisitions and computes costs; keeps records of warehouse inventory.
- Participates in 5S activities within the warehouse and outside storage areas.
- Participates in ordering or purchasing standard stock items, such as recommending additions or deletions to standard stock items or ordering replenishments within established procedures and limits.
- Performs cycle counts of inventory and non-inventory items as requested utilizing hand counts or weight counts.
- Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of automated or computerized system operation.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects.
- Skill in operating forklift or other materials handling equipment.
- Skill in operating large vehicles in tight and congested areas.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Stack cargo in locations, such as transit sheds or in holds of ships as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Direct spouts and position receptacles, such as bins, carts, or containers, so they can be loaded.
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
- Adjust controls to guide, position, or move equipment, such as cranes, booms, or cameras.
- Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
- Wash out cargo containers or storage areas.
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
- Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
- Shovel material, such as gravel, ice, or spilled concrete, into containers or bins or onto conveyors.
- Connect electrical equipment to power sources so that it can be tested before use.
- Carry out general yard duties, such as performing shunting on railway lines.
- Rig or dismantle props or equipment, such as frames, scaffolding, platforms, or backdrops, using hand tools.
- Adjust or replace equipment parts, such as rollers, belts, plugs, or caps, using hand tools.
- Bundle and band material such as fodder or tobacco leaves, using banding machines.
On the job training
Work location: Bluegrass Station, Lexington KY.
FULL TIME POSITION
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.
- Hello world! on
About Our Blog
We are so happy you’re here!! Our unforgettable memories in life seem to take place so we decided to Start of Happiness had to be established.